If you're the adventurous type, you are probably an individual who would love traveling in New Mexico and Utah. There is such a variety of historic sights and points of interest that it boggles the mind. If there is any way that you can travel by jeep, you'll be able to see a lot more since they have 4-wheel drive. While early jeeps were spartan and a bit hard to maneuver, today's jeeps are equipped with comfort and safety in mind. Jeeps have automatic transmission and they're even air conditioned. Here are some travel highlights that might be helpful as you plan your trip.
New Mexico - The the residents of New Mexico call their state The Land Of Enchantment; there's good reason for that!
- Las Cruces - As you enter this charming town, you'll find a combination of the old Mexican culture and today's modern buildings just a few minutes from each other. Going to the old district of La Mesilla will make you feel like you've gone back in history. Then you can drive down the road and find modern shops with the latest styles in clothing and unique gifts.
- Santa Fe - The capital of New Mexico is visited by tourists from all over the world. You'll get to shop for authentic Indian jewelry right on the downtown square and you'll visit art galleries that will make you feel as though you are in a fine museum. If you're an opera lover, don't miss out on catching the current season of the Sante Fe Opera company while you are there.
- Deming - Seeing the sunsets and the mysterious desert is worth the drive to Deming. In addition, you'll be close to mining country so you'll be extra glad you are traveling in your jeep.
Utah - Pretty much everywhere you travel in beautiful Utah, you'll be reminded that it was settled by Mormon pioneers.
- Moab - You'll pat yourself on the back many times for having a jeep as you drive around this area, as the terrain can be rough. Besides the fun downtown area, think about driving the dunes and the slick rock canyons. If you have time, consider trying some of the sports that are offered.
- Park City - You'll get to see the site of the 2002 Winter Olympics and you'll be mesmerized by the lovely shops and antique galleries. Again, consider driving the area around Park City, especially the deserted old mines that will make you feel like you've stepped back in time.
- Sal Lake City - Think about starting off in the downtown area which includes Temple Square, home of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints offices. You might even get lucky and get to hear the Mormon Tabernacle Choir perform. Don't just go downtown, though. Take your jeep to the "This Is The Place Monument" and travel the back roads to get a feeling of how it must have felt to be a Mormon pioneer entering the valley.
Your jeep will become your pal as it takes you to hard-to-reach places. If the jeep experiences any problems, you won't have trouble finding service stations along the way who can have you up and running in no time. Have fun!
For more information about jeeps and jeeping, contact a dealership like Expressway Dodge.